Pork Chops with Sautéed Apples
2 boneless pork chops
salt and pepper
1 granny smith apple, peeled and cubed
1/4 cup apple juice*
1 Tbsp butter
- Heat skillet over medium heat.
- Lightly sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper.
- Cook chops for 5 min one side, and then 3 minutes on the other side for medium.**
- Remove chops from pan.
- Add apples to skillet and saute for 3-4 minutes.
- Add juice and butter to pan and cook with apples for 1 minute.
- Spoon apples and sauce over the chops and enjoy.
*I use whatever juice I have on hand. Sometimes cranberry juice, tonight I used blueberry pomegranate juice.
**Many people think that pork has to be thoroughly cooked like chicken, and that is not true. It is perfectly safe to eat pork that is pink in the center. If you want to cook your pork all the way through then cook for 5 minutes on each side.