WW Pomegranate-Glazed Shish Kebabs
1/4 cup low sodium low fat chicken broth
2 Tbsp pomegranate molasses (this part takes a long time to make and needs to be done in advance)
1 tsp salt
1 lb boneless sirloin, trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces
4 mushrooms halved or 1 portobello mushroom cut into 8 pieces
1 green or red bell pepper, cut into 8 pieces
1 red onion, cut into 8 pieces
1 zucchini, cut into 8 pieces
- Make pomegranate molasses if it cannot be purchased at the store (click link for recipe)
- Spray a broiler rack with Pam and preheat the broiler.
- Combine broth, molasses, and salt in a small bowl.
- Thread 4 skewers with veggies, mushrooms, and meat.
- Place skewers on the broiler pan and brush with half the broth mixture.
- Place broiler pan under broiler and broil for 4 minutes.
- Then turn and brush with remaining broth mixture and broil for an additional 5-6 minutes.
4 servings (1 skewer = 1 serving)
189 cal, 6 g fat prep 10 min, cook 10 min